Wednesday 26 November 2008

Dickens's Bleak House

All I had aspired to for the evening was to watch Bleak House; it was all I had wanted but there before me was an obstacle - perhaps an obtrusion would be a better term.

Whilst Mr Jandyce proposed to Ms Somerson I waited with baited breath and before me a slut squirmed whilst, I, myself, as innocent with intention as the morning dew, urged her (Ms Somerson) to accept his (Mr Jandyce's) proposal knowing that of course there may be complications ahead when the doctor would inevitably return to claim her hand. However instead of the next chapter of Bleak House a situation out of my control took place - I became distracted by a 'nemo'.

'twas then I took the ropes and twisted and turned with dexterity; pulled and knotted alike; a state of nimbleness that I had never attained in HE or at home sewing with my mother; And I gagged and beat and threatened and blasted; shots into the torso.

'twas then I realised a distant entity before me - nothing more than a creature of nature, restricted, strapped and roped and trapped he became - I brought him down.

And there I reduced the form to nothing, no more than a former shadow of a male; and at that, one (male), driven insane; locked up, a mind divided, then collected, a body disabled then mobilised - a body undecided. Apparently I had said - 'if you dribble upon my carpet I shall pluck out eyelashes one by one.'

At last I returned to Bleak House although the situ was far from over - he stays in the hall whilst I watch the conclusion - wishing he had took interest himself.

For Dickens's theme on the human condition still rings very so true - but in this very instance just relayed you see now how we wish to steer it ourselves.

Note: When a name ends with S either use: eg., Dickens' or Dickens's is acceptable.

No comments: